- Full time
- Singapore, Singapore View on Map
- posted 2 months ago
- Posted: March 24, 2023 -Accepting applications
- Reporting to Fleet Manager, Vetting & Quality
- Conduct Internal Vetting preparation and training of the crew onboard as per the schedule
- Identify areas for improvement and verify the implementation of the corrective and preventive action
- Verify that ship staff carry out the required procedures as per assigned routines at the right time
- Ensure that vessel is being Managed and safely operated in accordance with the Company’s IMS procedures and in compliance with the Local, National/ International statutory, regulatory and mandatory rules and regulations.
- Active participate in various Safety Campaigns (both in support creating campaigns – and implement o/b).
- Ensure that the vessel complies with SIRE and CDI requirements, identify and report any gaps or trends with the respective Fleet Manager Vetting.
- Verify onboard Planned Maintenance System (PMS) processes are carried out in compliance with Company processes (incl. usage of Permits, Risk Assessment, Daily workplan and Toolbox meetings).
- Compliance related with a large focus on Environmental concerns, early warning signs / safety weak signals / suggest corrective measures / including repairs and maintenance to prevent their recurrence.
- Carry out Training onboard to close out knowledge gaps on safety matters.
- Analyze reports, such as SIRE / CDI and verify that previously raised observations have been properly closed out.
- Provide proactive input to the Fleet Manager Vetting Singapore & Copenhagen to identify trends and improve vetting results.
- Act as a liaison between the vessel and senior management ashore.
- Verify implementation of evolving changes to SOLAS, MARPOL, STCW, Class, Flag State, Oil Major and other applicable requirements on vessels.
- Provide information on raised observations during the inspection and produce a report with an explanation of why the observation was raised including pictures of the raised observation when possible.
- Ensure that all crew members are well familiarised with the SIRE 2.0 regime.
- Evaluate, provide inputs and verify on the Performance Influencing Factors (PIF) for fleet vessels.
- Inculcate onboard a robust overview of the inspection process and assist in preparation of the PIQ. Train the onboard staff on the correct way of providing accurate and correct data for submissions.
- Assist HSE & Compliance Manager and the Head of Marine Assurance on matters related to marine and safety issues on vessels. Conduct investigation of incidents/ accidents onboard as advised by the Technical Director/ Head of Marine Assurance /Fleet Manager, Vetting & Quality.
- Degree in Engineering or Nautical Science or equivalent disciplines, preferably with minimum 2 years of sailing experience as a 2nd Engineer / Chief Engineer or Chief Officer / Master
- Minimum 30 months experience in Gas carriers.
- Technologically driven, comfortable working in a digital environment, logical process development.
- Ability to travel at short notice – and manage a 24/7 on call lifestyle (outside vacations).
- An in-depth knowledge of the rules and regulations governing vessels’ management.
- Committed and responsible in meeting deadlines with excellent time management skills.
- Independent, outcome driven, organized and
- Strong team orientation and has the ability to manage cross-functional relationships in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Possess empathy towards all nationalities.
Place of Work
- Sailing onboard vessels to carry out Vetting audits and Work from Home.
Post Fixture Manager Full time
Demurrage Claims Analyst (Oil & Gas) Full time
Vessel Operator – Bulk Carrier Full time
Operations Executive (Bulk Carrier) Full time
Dry Bulk Operator Full time