Technical Superintendent (PCTC)
- Full time
- Hong Kong S.A.R., Hong Kong View on Map
- posted 6 days ago
- Posted: September 19, 2023 -Accepting applications
- Overseeing all technical and safety matters related to Company vessels and implementing the Company’s technical and safety policies on these vessels.
- Performing vessel repair, maintenance, and servicing according to the instructions provided by the Technical Manager.
- Conducting negotiations with Class Surveyors regarding surveys conducted on board vessels and reporting the outcomes to the Technical Manager.
- Advising the Master and Chief Engineer on planned maintenance and maintenance work to be carried out by the ship’s staff, and making necessary arrangements.
- Inspecting the cleanliness of the vessel’s machinery spaces and monitoring the progress of maintenance carried out by the ship’s staff.
- Conducting damage surveys on vessels and preparing the required costings, reports, accounts, abstracts, etc.
- Traveling to ports as instructed by the Technical Manager to oversee repairs and restoration of the Company’s vessels and equipment.
- Preparing additional proposals, if required, to comply with new regulations, with the approval of the Regulatory Authority or Recognised Organization.
- Ensuring that the ship is able to meet the above-mentioned regulations.
- Acting as a liaison officer and trainer for Cadet officers from Singapore Polytechnic.
- When visiting a vessel for dry-docking, taking responsibility for:
- Handling all local technical matters.
- Managing all aspects related to repairs, servicing, and the vessel’s departure, and scheduling them for prompt dispatch.
- Ensuring that all service instructions are promptly communicated from the ship to the relevant office department or agents.
- Conducting a thorough general inspection of the vessel and reporting the findings to the Technical Manager upon return.
- Maintaining safety equipment on board vessels in accordance with legislative requirements and Company standards.
- Submitting budgets for approval and subsequently monitoring the expenditures in their area of responsibility, reporting any variances.
- Reporting relevant information about sea-going personnel to the Technical Manager.
- Holders of COC Class 1 with experience sailing on Car Carrier/Bulk Carrier/Container Vessel
- Minimum of 1 year’s experience as a Technical Superintendent in ship management operations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and good organizational skills.
- Analytical mindset, capable of working independently, result-oriented, resourceful, and proactive.