Technical Superintendent ( Dry Bulk)
- Full time
- Singapore, Singapore View on Map
- posted 2 months ago
- Posted: March 24, 2023 -Accepting applications
Job Description & Requirements
- To ensure that all company owned, and managed vessels are operated in a safe, efficient and economical manner
- To ensure that vessels Planned Maintenance System is being effectively operated and reported in the manner prescribed in the Company’s Quality and Safety Management System.
- Keeping himself informed of latest rules and regulations in marine industry and implementing same, – To maintain the classification status of the vessels together with Ship Tech Supt.
- To guide the Ship Tech Supt as required and provide technical advice and assistance when necessary, so that the vessels continue to meet the standards and criteria required by Clients.
- To ensure that all vessels are regularly inspected and to compile reports indicating vessels’ current Equipment, machinery, and structure. docking repairs done on the vessels and check that the vessels are delivered back on time as planned.
- To provide general assistance to both commercial and Marine dept in respect of technical matters. –
- Giving advice to crew members and technical superintendents regarding the ship’s maintenance –
- Visiting vessels on a regular and frequent basis – minimum 2 visits per ship per year. –
- To check and record spare parts and store’s inventory onboard, ensuring they are properly identified, stored, and maintained. –
- Processing all spare parts requisitions received from vessels and monitoring the efficient and timely supply of all spares required for the proper maintenance and safe operation of the vessels. –
- Review each ship’s purchase requisition for spares/stores for accuracy on specific at ion and quantity and propose to the Procurement Department the Suppliers to be contacted. –
- To Ensure Enhanced SEEMP is followed and approved by class on annual basis –
- To Ensure that fleet is within CII regulations and to obtain a fuel efficiency grade C or higher. –
- To Take over as Back-up TSI when required.
- A class one certificate of competency Chief Engineer – motor STCW95 or Naval Architect qualifications.
- Minimum 20+ years of experience in shipping with atleast 7 years experience in shore based establishment as Superintendent or above.
- Should have handled and managed vessels for Japanese clients
- Should have experience in handling loggers, preferably 38K design.
- Management skills, strong and attentive to histeam
- Shipbuilding/operation/technical knowledge
- Very organized & good Communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure & in multicultural environment
- Fluency in English
- Ability to travel without restriction
Post Fixture Manager Full time
Demurrage Claims Analyst (Oil & Gas) Full time
Vessel Operator – Bulk Carrier Full time
Operations Executive (Bulk Carrier) Full time
Dry Bulk Operator Full time