Senior Reporting Analyst
- Full time
- Singapore, Singapore View on Map
- posted 2 months ago
- Posted: September 21, 2023 -Accepting applications
- Generate monthly financial reports to assess Group financial performance, encompassing Group monthly financials and predictions.
- Conduct analysis of Group performance and identify potential issues throughout the month, collaborating with the Management Reporting and Budget Manager.
- Validate data quality to ensure the accuracy of published reports.
- Aid in the Group’s annual budgeting activities, including target setting, guidance provision, and interaction with relevant corporate departments. This will be done in close coordination with the Management Reporting and Budget Manager, as well as internal budget experts.
- Devise new business reports, continue refining existing reports, and restructure them to align with evolving business requirements.
- Manage the monthly profit and loss (P/L) and cashflow forecast.
- Assist in monitoring and projecting Group performance, presenting Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs), offering variance analysis with pertinent explanations, and appropriately challenging internal business or Finance teams.
- Support the creation of Board materials concerning Group figures and accompanying narratives.
- Provide expertise to business stakeholders, finance teams, and project groups.
- Collaborate closely with business finance and corporate accounting units to ensure the precision of data for management reporting.
- Deliver ad hoc business modeling and assess projects and proposals.
- Contribute to generating decision-support analyses as requested by management.
- Adhere to the Company’s policies and Code of Conduct and Business Ethics (CoBE).
- Undertake any additional responsibilities as assigned periodically.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Business, or a related field.
- Having obtained CPA/CA certification is advantageous.
- At least 3 to 4 years of experience in financial planning, reporting, and analysis (FPR&A), preferably within large global MNCs, working in a global or regional reporting structure.
- Solid grasp of the financial determinants in the shipping/tanker industry.
- Demonstrate proficient and matured business analysis skills, including data analysis and information management.
- Proficiency in Advanced Excel, including Pivot Tables and advanced formulas, along with expertise in financial modeling, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience dealing with and analyzing extensive datasets.
- Hands-on experience with large ERPs like SAP and business intelligence tools such as Power BI, Power Pivot, Power Automate.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to engage effectively at all levels and cultivate productive relationships.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical capabilities.