HSEQ Manager, DPA & CSO
- Full time
- India, India View on Map
- posted 7 days ago
- Posted: September 18, 2023 -Accepting applications
The HSEQ Manager is responsible for ensuring that the company effectively implements, operates, and maintains compliance with the Company Management Systems including the Company Safety Management, Environmental Management, Quality Management, and Occupational Health & Safety systems for all company DOC tankers. The incumbent will also act as a Designated Person Ashore (DPA) and Company Security Officer (CSO) for all nominated vessels under any DOC of the company, accountable for the effective implementation of the ISM code and ISPS code on board nominated vessels.
- Act as a Custodian of the SMS, collaborating with the Director of Compliance to ensure SMS is adequately reviewed, updated, and documents issued in accordance with Group policy of document control.
- Prepare the audit schedule for all company tankers. Ensure vessels are audited effectively through sailing visits, and audit reports are submitted and closed out within set timelines.
- Prepare TMSA submission in collaboration with other departments and coordinate TMSA audits by oil majors.
- Review and report the Quality KPIs and Objectives, manage the Management Review process and set appropriate actions for appropriate DOC.
- Review and analyze all Incidents, Near Misses, Non-conformities, and Observations across the tanker fleet, from all sources, suggest Corrective and Preventive actions to management.
- Drive the improvement in safety culture of the organization and on tankers, ensuring that lessons learned, and continual improvement are effectively implemented throughout the tanker fleet.
- Collaborate with other departments in the implementation of incident investigation tools and participate in investigations when required by senior management.
- Advise shore and vessel employees on Management of Change, reviewing effectiveness of all MoC’s and harmonizing lessons learned.
- Plan, monitor, and participate in ship-shore Drills, provide feedback, and ensure lessons learned are effectively shared across the tanker Fleet, support the Emergency Response Team during an emergency.
- Monitor the industry for all New Legislation and best practice, to disseminate information across departments for effective implementation.
- Visit vessels for leadership engagement.
- Degree in Nautical Sciences or other related discipline
- Deck Officer Qualification with First Class Master Mariner License issued by an IMO White List Country
- Minimum 2 years sailing experience in a Senior position onboard
- Minimum 2 years experience as Marine / Operations / HSEQ Superintendent
- Effective communicator with a good command of English
- Be ready for and capable of frequent travel globally without restriction