- Full time
- Singapore, Singapore View on Map
- posted 6 days ago
- Posted: September 19, 2023 -Accepting applications
In this role, you will report to the Cost Control Manager and have the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge in the following areas:
– Oversee, assess, and analyze all Principal expenses with the goal of reducing costs and achieving savings.
– Ensure uniformity and consistency in cost reporting.
– Ensure timely approval of operational vendor expenses.
– Approval of new vendor usage (linking Business Partner to cost).
– Validate principal costs debited against the provisional expenses and provide justification for variances.
– Address Principal inquiries promptly.
– Ensure reconciliation of various monthly suspense accounts as per Principal-established timelines.
– Analyze related Principal incomes (land and logistics) to maximize billings, collections, and margins.
– Ensure proper approval and reduction of waivers for principal incomes (land and logistics).
– Collaborate with other functions and departments to maintain compliant internal controls and effectively mitigate costs and risks.
– Undertake additional tasks as assigned.
– Participate in the vendor selection/evaluation process for Principal expenses.
Reporting and Deliverables to Management
– Prepare monthly Agency KPI data as assigned.
– Create Principal cost analysis and monthly analysis reports for management and MSC Asia Regional Office.
– Proactively identify potential risks and work with relevant Heads of Departments (HODs) and process owners to mitigate them.
– Collaborate with internal/external auditors, tax agents, and local authorities to address local issues.
– Ensure proper audit trails for records in compliance with statutory requirements.
Systems and Process Improvement
– Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to drive improvements and resolutions in end-to-end Cost Control processes.
– Identify system/process misalignments to promote standardization and improvement, initiate requests, and ensure closure with System support.
– Work closely with IT Support to guide the team in troubleshooting and resolving Cost Control process issues.
Performance Management and Individual Development
– Develop performance metrics to enhance individual and team performance.
– Act as a coach/mentor, providing technical financial advice and knowledge to the Cost Control team.
– Demonstrate a commitment to professional self-development for the Cost Control team.
– Identify and initiate areas for improvement, establish effective accounting control procedures, and implement best practices to enhance overall cost control operations, work quality, and efficiency.
– Provide support to the Cost Control Manager, Senior FM, and Chief Financial Officer in new initiatives or projects as needed.
Desired Candidate Profile
– Minimum Degree in Accountancy/Finance, ACCA, or an equivalent Professional Accounting qualification.
– A minimum of 6 to 8 years of relevant work experience in managing and executing accounting controls and reporting.
– 6 to 8 years of experience in the shipping industry/Liner or Agency shipping with a focus on cost control and reporting is advantageous.
– Proficient in managing changes and thriving in challenging business environments.
– Sound knowledge of IFRS and SFRS accounting standards.
– Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
– Experience with SAP financial systems and related data flow.
– Possesses a high level of integrity and ethics.
– Team player with people management skills, capable of leading, developing, and driving the performance of direct reports.
– Highly organized and detail-oriented.
– Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities.
– Effective time management to meet tight deadlines and multitask efficiently.
– Adaptability to work under pressure and respond to changes.
– Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.