Cost Controller (Shipping)
- Full time
- Singapore, Singapore View on Map
- posted 7 days ago
- Posted: June 23, 2022 -Accepting applications
Reporting to the Cost Control Manager, you will lead and develop a team of 3 direct reports to oversee all Principal Cost Control functions. You are responsible for all voyage expense accounts and its related financial data. Your key responsibilities include:
- Monitor, evaluate and analyse all Principal expenses with the aim of reducing costs and achieve savings
- Ensure accuracy in Principal cost estimation and timely submission of provisional principal expenses;
- Ensure timely and correct daily posting and approval of operational vendor expenses;
- Check stevedoring average expenses;
- Verify principal costs debited against the provisional expenses reported and justify the variances;
- Ensure all financial data related to voyage accounts (Vessel Disbursements Account (DA) for Vessel / Land & Logistics (LLIE) / General Expenses (GA) are submitted to Geneva-based Headquarters complete and on-time;
- Ensure various monthly suspense accounts are reconciled following the timelines given by the Principal;
- Study related Principal incomes (land and logistics) and ensures maximization in terms of billings, collections and margins.
- Ensure that waivers of principal incomes (land and logistics) are properly approved and reduced where possible
- Collaborate across functions and departments for compliant internal controls and effective costs and risks mitigation;
- Manage outsourced functions to MSC Malaysia’s Shared Service Centre (SSC);
- Involve in vendor selection/evaluation process for Principal expenses.
- Prepare and/or compile various Monthly suspense accounts reconciliation Report, including Electronic Cost Reporting (ECR) correctly and in a timely manner;
- Prepare Principal cost analysis and monthly analysis report to Senior Management and Singapore-based Principal Office;
- Proactively identify potential risks and mitigate risks with the relevant Head of Departments and / or process owners;
- Work closely with internal / external auditors, tax agent and local authorities to resolve any local issues raised;
- Develop performance measurements to drive individual and team performance;
- Support Cost Control Manager, Senior Finance Manager and Chief Financial Officer in new initiatives or projects as and when required.
Who We Are Looking For
- You should possess minimally a Degree in Accountancy / Finance and have at least 6 to 8 years of relevant work experience in maintaining and executing accounting controls and reporting;
- Minimum 6 to 8 years from shipping industry / Liner or Agency shipping experience, managing related cost control and reporting an added advantage;
- Experienced in managing changes and thrive in dealing with challenging business environment;
- Possess good knowledge of SFRS and/or IFRS accounting standards, as well as experience in using Cognos and/or SAP financial system;
- Besides having a high level of Integrity and Ethics, you should be a team player with the ability to lead, develop and drive performance of direct reports to achieve department objectives;
- As a detailed oriented person, you should also be organised and focused on the end-results, constantly striving to deliver outstanding performance;
- Strong communication and presentation skills are required, including excellent command in English, both written and verbal.