Vessel Operations Manager (Dry Bulk)
- Full time
- Singapore, Singapore View on Map
- posted 7 days ago
- Posted: September 18, 2023 -Accepting applications
- Monitor the day-to-day operation of the vessels.
- Monitor, control and supervise the cargo operation.
- Provide information and pre-caution regarding the cargo, port, route and etc. to the master when necessary.
- Appoint agent and protective agent when necessary. Check and approve the estimate and final PDA.
- Coordinate with the agent for the vessel arrival and departure formalities and berthing and un-berthing. Assist the master to prepare on / off hire.
- Monitor the vessel bunker and fresh water consumption and arrange bunker and fresh water supply.
- Provide vessel berthing, cargo operation, departure information and bunker quantity, cargo hold condition and etc. to chartering manager.
- Monitor charterers redelivery notice and sending delivery notice to next charterers.
- Coordinate with present and next charterers for joint off / on hire survey.
- Coordinate with insurance company and PNI Club for insurance and claim issues.
- Coordinate and settle the C/P dispute include underperformance and other claims.
- Report and coordinate with P&I Club to arrange pre-loading survey for steel cargo and other high value cargoes.
- Coordinate with charterers and managing company for vessel transit HRA include armed guards and insurance arrangement.
- Prepare the hire / freight invoice. Monitor the hire / freight payment and collection. Settle balance hire / freight.
- Calculate the lay-time, settle demurrage and dispatch.
- Minimum degree and above in relevant discipline.
- At least 3 years of relevant experiences with Dry Bulk Carriers.
- Experience in owner company is preferred.
- Strong analytical and planning skills, project management and time management skills.
- Committed to vigorous quality and cost control.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
- Skilled organizer and communicator at all levels.