Assistant/Chartering Manager (Tanker)
- Full time
- Singapore, Singapore View on Map
- posted 7 days ago
- Posted: September 18, 2023 -Accepting applications
- Negotiations and fixing of charter parties. Secure and charter-in vessels under competitive terms and freight cost.
- Ensure shipping requirements, and business objectives such as cargo delivery, ship fixtures, and execution are met.
- Monitor the freight market and the physical availability of vessels.
- Liaise and communicate with brokers in regard to freight market views/fixtures, cargo lines-up and prospects.
- Liaise with traders and the operations team within the organization to ensure clear instructions and vessels’ operational and economic performance are optimized.
- Handle and report various aspects of chartering activities
- Monitor and analyse shipping market trends relating to ship owning, chartering and freight levels.
- Record, and document fixtures in Shipnet.
- Degree and/ or Diploma in Shipping / Logistics Studies, Commerce, and other relevant.
- Minimum 7 years of Shipping and/or tanker chartering experience.
- Possess good business and numerical acumen with leadership & communication skills.
- Possess strong strategic abilities and a wide network of contacts.
- Familiarization with Shipnet, IMOS, or other similar systems.