Marine Superintendent, Chemical Tankers (Dubai)
- Full time
- India, India View on Map
- posted 2 months ago
- Posted: September 22, 2023 -Accepting applications
• To carry out shipboard Internal audits / QHSE Inspections as required.
• To carry out Incident / near miss investigation as required.
• To review the minutes of the shipboard safety committee meetings / Masters Review.
• To review and approve risk assessments as required.
• To assist various departments in the Management of Change process and upkeep of the documentation.
• Follow up of vessels calling critical ports such as Australia, US, ports in China, Ports in PARIS MoU and Black Sea MoU.
• To review / issue work permits and risk assessments for various tasks in liaison with the technical department.
• To carry out shipboard and shore-based training of officers and crew in matters pertaining to tanker operations, quality management systems and other matters as deemed appropriate from time to time.
• To attend vessels from time to time for purpose of carrying out shipboard inspections and / or for supervising hold cleaning/ tank cleaning, cargo operations or any other matters.
• To assist with revisions of QHSE manuals and / or preparation of new QHSE manuals.
• To assist with the preparation of various safety bulletins / safety alerts.
• To deal with contingencies. Specific responsibilities for contingency situations are described in Section 3 of the Contingency Planning Manual.
· To participate and follow up on the Safety Campaigns, initiated from time to time.
• To carry out any other tasks that may be assigned from time to time
• Quality Department (including Rest Hour Cell + SMS Training Cell) / Vetting & Performance Department / Technical Department
• Class / Third Party Auditing Companies / Vetting Inspectors
Job experience, functional knowledge & qualifications
• Sailed as Master Mariner
• Bachelor’s degree/Diploma or equivalent in Navigation/Internationally recognized shipping degree/qualification.
• A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience as Master on Chemical Tanker the relevant type of vessel being recruited for.
• Basic knowledge of Energy Management Systems and / or energy conservation methods is an advantage